Grilled Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Cucumber Salsa



When the sun is shining and it's warm outside, I crave really light food and fresh flavors. This dish is perfect (not to mention quick and healthy). I usually stray way from cooking seafood because I'm always worried that I'll overcook or undercook it, but mahi is a pretty forgiving fish. Overall, this was really easy to put together. I just drizzled the fish with some olive oil, sea salt, pepper and lime and put on my grill pan for about 4 - 5 minutes on each side. The salsa absolutely made the dish. The sweetness of pineapple and the coolness of the cucumber completed the fish perfectly. The quantities of the ingredients in the salsa are really flexible so feel free to add more or less of whatever you want. I served this with a side of brown rice and it was a perfect meal. Enjoy!

Recipe: Grilled Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
Ingredients:
  • 2 mahi mahi fillets
  • Salt & Pepper
  • olive oil
  • 2 limes
  • 1 cup pineapple, chopped
  • 3/4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 jalepeno (seeds removed) finely chopped
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
Directions:
  1. To make the salsa, combine pineapple, cucumber, juice of 1 lime, onion, jalepeno, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  2. To cook the fish, heat a grill pan to medium high. Drizzle the fish with olive oil, salt, pepper, and the juice of 1 lime. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes on each side.

3 comments:

becky said...

this looks simply amazing... perfect summer dish!

Unknown said...

this looks delicious - but we don't have mahi-mahi in the uk. what do you think would make a good substitute? I was thinking monkfish or bass.

SugarCooking said...

Hi Jenni - I actually don't eat too much fish so I'm not familiar with monkfish or bass, but any mild flavored fish would do!

Post a Comment